The Controller is responsible for the recording of financial activity related to the development, acquisition, and disposition of all properties. This individual must manage entities for the life of all projects in an accurate and timely manner while working alongside the CFO and Finance Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assist with collecting information for the purchase and sale of projects
- Record purchases and sales in QuickBooks
- Recognize when outstanding items are due from tenants, general contractors, and utility companies
- Reconcile loan payoffs
- Gather necessary lien waivers
- Determine if there are outstanding change orders and obtain estimates on final amounts upon sale
- Ascertain when commissions and outstanding invoices are due
- Manage Job Cost Tracker
- Ensure the accuracy of vendor W-9s as received
- Prepare and distribute 1099s for all entities annually
- Submit applications for EINs in a timely manner
- Apply for new TPT licenses as needed
- Renew TPT licenses annually
- Pay monthly TPT for all rental properties
- Assign LLCs to new projects
- Oversee the withdrawal from an LLC upon the termination of projects inan accurate manner
- Responsible for opening and closing bank accounts for all LLCs and outside lenders when appropriate
- Monitor reimbursables and release “Pay at COE” invoices
- Review daily cash balances of all LLCs
- Reconcile due to/from accounts on a monthly basis
- Create reports and distribute to partners monthly
- Reconcile all LLC bank accounts monthly
- Process biweekly payroll
- Responsible for 401k administration, including but not limited toapproval of transactions and compliance with plan rules and federal regulations
- Assist with processing construction draws on a regular basis
- Assist team members with questions as needed
- Assist with the balancing of loan PDS when needed
- Create reports of all cleared checks for properties being purchased as requested
To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
Required Education, Experience & Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business and advanced professional studies in CPA required
- Three years of commercial real estate or general contractor experience, including construction draws, required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.