The Property Manager is responsible for the management of all property needs. This includes building and maintaining tenant and vendor relationships as well as responding to tenant needs in a timely manner.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Vendor relations
- Ensure timely payment processing
- Oversee RFPs, negotiations & preparation of contracts
- Monitor vendor performance
- Ensure all vendors are properly insured and compliant with company standards
- Tenant Relations
- Build a solid relationship with all tenants by being an expert communicator
- Respond promptly to emergency and non-emergency needs via phone, text and/or email
- Issue rent commencement notices
- Prepare and mail default notices to tenants as needs arise
- Ensure all tenant COIs are current and compliant with leases
- Property Oversight
- Conduct property inspections on a regular basis to ensure properties are being managed up to SimonCRE standards
- Prepare site inspection reports to be included in the monthly reporting package
- Oversee capex projects initiated by the property manager
- Ensure all safety and maintenance inspections as well as any needed repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Be prepared to oversee several financial and accounting functions
- Prepare annual budgets; manage the portfolio within those established budgets
- Analyze the budget variance; complete and distribute monthly report packages to ownership
- Monitor utility usage to identify discrepancies as they occur
- Provide weekly updates of the portfolio’s A/R report
- Perform tenant account audits when required
- Reconcile NNN expenses annually and bill tenants as required under the lease
- Be an active member of the Construction Management process
- Assist the development & construction teams in tracking tenant key tasks such as plan review, city permit submittals and turning over possession to new tenants
- Oversee the Tenant buildouts of established Shopping Centers, ensure all documentation is collected including, but not limited to, GC COIs, Sub-vendor lists, etc.
- Process Tenant Improvement Allowance requests
- Coordinate signage with Dealmaker and development team
- Participate in the Acquisition and Disposition of Properties
- Participate in the due diligence process of the purchase and sale of commercial properties
- Send acquisition notices to tenants after purchase, as required
- Deliver tenants notice of sale following close of escrow
- Calculate real estate tax prorations for settlement statements and rent prorations, when applicable
- Manage the utility coordination of properties as needs arise
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend complex documents including leases, declarations, CC&Rs and other similar recorded documents.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
- Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
Travel Required- Yes. Frequent, local travel is required.
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Active Arizona real estate license required
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Commercial real estate experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as Google Suite, calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.