The Property Accountant is responsible for the recording of financial activity related to our property management needs.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Perform daily banking including deposits, wires, and transfers
- Recognize when outstanding items are due from tenants, general contractors, and utility companies
- Reconcile mortgage balances
- Ascertain when commissions and outstanding invoices are due
- Ensure the accuracy of vendor W-9s as received
- Prepare and distribute 1099s for all entities annually
- Apply for new TPT licenses as needed
- Renew TPT licenses annually
- Pay monthly TPT for all rental properties
- Prepare prorations for rent, CAM, and real estate taxes for settlement statements
- Ensure property tax statements for each entity is received and submit for payment, obtain payment receipt from treasurer websites
- Audit property tax prorations if calculated on an estimated amount for sold properties
- Maintain the property tax spreadsheet on a regular basis
- Review daily cash balances of all LLCs-Controller
- Reconcile due to/from accounts on a monthly basis
- Reconcile all LLC bank accounts monthly
- Enter new tenant into Yardi
- Post tenant charges and credits to tenant ledger
- Post receipts for rent payments
- Participate in the creation and distribution of monthly financial reports to partners
- Enter annual impounds received from prop management or lease administration
- Calculate real estate tax prorations for settlement statements and rent prorations when applicable
- Apply for city and state licenses as needed
To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
Travel Required- None
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business, preferred
- Three years’ commercial real estate experience, required
- Proficient with Yardi, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Competitive pay (Depends on Experience)
- Benefits package including PTO, sick time, 8 paid holidays per year, health insurance, and 401k
- Eligibility to participate in the Simon Shares program
- An exciting work environment that is fun and entrepreneurial… company lunches, team building activities, a relaxed dress code and half day Fridays
- New modern office building with gym in basement
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.