The Project Manager is responsible for the success of the development and construction phases of a project, particularly as it pertains to achieving defined schedules and staying under budget. While working alongside the development and construction team, as well as our VP of Development and Director of Construction, the Project Manager will be responsible for hiring the architect, civil and structural engineers, landscape architect, surveyor, and third-party consultants to ensure all aspects of each project are coordinated, submitted, and approved in an accurate and timely manner. The Project Manager will also attend hearings and represent SimonCRE when appropriate.
- Competitive pay (Depends on experience)
- Benefits package including PTO, sick time, 8 paid holidays per year, health insurance, a company-paid life insurance policy, short term and long term disability options, and pet insurance
- 401k match up to 5%
- Eligibility to participate in the Simon Shares employee equity program
- An exciting work environment that is fun and entrepreneurial… company lunches, team building activities, a relaxed dress code and half day Fridays
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Correlate with the Acquisitions Team to develop the initial project schedule.
- Research municipality requirements to create a timeline for all components of the entitlement process and enter schedule dates into proprietary software.
- Hire all professional consultants including the architect, civil and structural engineers, landscape architect, surveyor, Geotech, and all others as necessary in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verify fees are correct for all professional consultants and coordinate with the Acquisitions Team to ensure the proforma is continuously and accurately updated while keeping the project on budget.
- Make certain all plans are complete and correct prior to submittal.
- Train Development Associates on all procedures for the preparation and submittal of all entitlement, zoning, development, and permit applications to local municipalities.
- Develop relationships with all government officials as required for entitlement approvals.
- Responsible for submitting complete tenant due diligence packages on time for approval by tenant.
- Ensure building permits are received on time and under budget.
- Collaborate efficiently and accurately on the coordination of all projects with the Dealmaker, Legal, Construction, and Dispositions teams.
- Attend and represent SimonCRE at planning commission hearings as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- Yes, limited responsibilities including communicating the team’s needs, providing guidance, and identifying the development needs of the Development team.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
Travel Required- Minimal local travel only
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Possess a thorough understanding of development and SimonCRE processes including but not limited to proformas, PDS, lender loan requirements, and construction draws
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology
- Valid Driver’s License
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.