The Project Engineer assists the Construction Manager and Director of Construction on multiple projects in various locations. This individual supervises all schedules while ensuring projects are completed on time and meet budget demands.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assemble bid packages on projects once documents are received from the Development Team
- Manage all bid and construction RFIs
- Evaluate estimates in an accurate and timely manner
- Read plans with thorough knowledge of specifications and find ways to value engineer
- Conduct plan reviews against work letters to ensure accuracy
- Submit plans to tenants for comments and ensure a timely response is received
- Schedule project kick off meetings
- Email GCs construction set plans at project kick off and save in Box
- Responsible for document management and distribution to all GCs
- Prepare and follow all job submittals
- Track revised city, county, and health department document submittals during the construction process
- Launch special inspections once purchase of property is recorded and file reports received throughout construction process
- Create and manage schedules, task generation, time estimates, milestones, and deadlines
- Participate in weekly construction calls, take notes to address issues with RFI and submittals as well as respond to general questions
- Supervise daily construction operations of multiple job sites
- Construct weekly reports in software program
- Plan and accurately track project schedules with Construction Team
- Identify risks beforehand and resolve potential issues with architects, engineers, subcontractors as needed to stay on schedule
- Review Geotech reports
- Proactively track material orders and shipments, including PEMB quotes and approvals while scheduling the deliveries
- Obtain utility designs and fees in a timely manner from various companies
- Draft and coordinate delivery of weekly status reports for tenants
- Manage project close out process and fix any potential warranty issues
- Oversee project construction budgets
- Manage the coordination of tenant plans
- Collect all permits from tenants Tis as well as from GCs
- Responsible for building turnovers to tenants
- Assist in the tenant closeout process by entering construction information in their software program
- Complete punch lists
- Visit sites as needed to resolve any problems to meet project deadlines
- Order materials when needed
- Respond to warranty ticket requests as needed
- Assist the VP of Construction and Construction Manager with special projects as needs arise
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally move about the exterior and interior of properties
Travel Required- Occasional travel within the United States
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least three years of relevant hands-on construction project management experience with the ability to read plans required
- Possess thorough understanding of both permitting and inspection requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Competitive pay (Depends on Experience)
- Benefits package including PTO, sick time, 8 paid holidays per year, health insurance, and 401k
- Eligibility to participate in the Simon Shares program
- An exciting work environment that is fun and entrepreneurial… company lunches, team building activities, a relaxed dress code and half day Fridays
- New modern office building with gym in basement
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.