The Leasing and Legal Assistant assists and supports the entire Legal and Leasing Team.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Prepare and distribute executed LOIs as needed
- Draft initial lease amendments in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare lease exhibits
- Review leases for rent commencement requirements
- Distribute executed leases to tenants as required
- Send property acquisition notices to tenants
- Calculate commissions due to brokers and ensure accuracy of broker invoices and submit for payment
- Send lease documentation to brokers and request first-half commission invoices on a regular basis
- Input key dates such as due diligence, permit contingencies, delivery dates, plan approvals, and acquisition dates into SimonCRE’s proprietary software system
- Acquire SNDAs and MOLs from tenants as needed
- Review marketing packages for accuracy of lease information
- Create and send ROFR notices
- Prepare and send estoppels on a regular basis as well as SNDAs when required
- Determine commission payments to be made at closing
- Create new entities, and prepare and track corporate filings
- Input and track critical dates on all transactions
- Prepare first drafts of contracts
- Responsible for lien and litigation tracking
- Processing invoices
- Draft and send notice and demand letters as required
- Perform ad-hoc assignments as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have 1+ years of commercial real estate experience and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- High level of curiosity, self-motivation, initiative, and organization, with the ability to adapt to changing directions, and actively seek support when needed.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and utilize task management systems.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
Travel Required- None
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Commercial real estate experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.