The Financial Analyst is responsible for evaluating deal structures on both new commercial real estate development and new commercial real estate acquisitions. This individual also analyzes all property level due diligence and creates budgets for each property in a fast-paced, accurate, and organized manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Model, underwrite, and evaluate deal structures for new commercial real estate development opportunities and new commercial real estate acquisitions
- Responsible for the procurement and management of loans and refinances
- Provide ongoing assessment of lending capacity
- Establish and maintain banking relationships
- Maintain a quarterly phone call schedule with lenders
- Pursue new lending leads
- Analyze debt on each project to ensure maximum cost savings
- Conduct all financial due diligence for acquisitions
- Prioritize the various underwriting tasks across multiple concurrent acquisition projects
- Participate in the preparation of offering memorandums
- Assist with the acquisitions and closing processes as necessary
- Compile and analyze all property level due diligence including rent rolls, operating statements, balance sheets, budgets, CAM reconciliations, tax statements invoices, and pro formas
- Initiate and evaluate real estate appraisals
- Review loan documents, tenant lease agreements, partnership operating agreements, and service contracts for compliance in financial underwriting
- Create budgets for each property
- Examine financial reports and provide to CEO as requested
- Prepare monthly financial package for outside investors
- Create ad hoc analysis and reports for CEO as needed
- Create investment memorandums for potential acquisitions and/or new development opportunities with the Marketing and Capital Markets Teams
- Research and analyze potential markets and opportunities for commercial real estate investments
To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business required
- Three years’ experience in commercial real estate preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.