The Executive Assistant provides direct, first-class support to our fast-paced CEO. This individual must possess the critical thinking skills necessary to constantly think ten steps ahead to secure success for the CEO in both business and personal matters. The Executive Assistant will pay attention to the details and use the latest technology while shadowing the CEO in meetings and other upcoming commitments. This gatekeeper must perform with the highest level of integrity and administrative skills daily without exception.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Organize and direct the CEO’s business and personal calendars of events, meetings, appointments, and travel, ensure the schedule is followed to successfully meet the fast-paced demands of the business
- Manage personal affairs for outside events such as volunteering as well as purchasing gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, and other needs
- Be accessible outside of normal business hours to assist with issues as they occur and modify arrangements as needed
- Book travel for the CEO and other employees for business events as required
- Create various agendas for internal and external meetings
- Maintain the directory of contacts daily
- Review matters brought to the office of the CEO, including topics of a confidential nature, and determine the appropriate course of action to create winning resolutions
- Exercise good judgement in all communications on behalf of the CEO with employees, vendors, and others, both in writing and verbally
- Build and cultivate relationships with all employees, including the Executive Team, and others outside of the organization by using the Company’s core values
- Attend meetings with the CEO, take minutes in meetings and follow up with others to ensure completion of assigned tasks
- Complete ad hoc assignments for the CEO in an accurate and timely manner
- Travel occasionally, locally, with the CEO to ensure the proper execution of business plans
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Use critical thinking skills to constantly think ten steps ahead on behalf of the CEO to secure success for the CEO.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions
Travel Required- Occasional local travel
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least three years’ experience as an Executive Assistant to a CEO in a fast-paced environment required
- Commercial real estate experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Competitive pay (Depends on Experience)
- Benefits package including PTO, sick time, 8 paid holidays per year, health insurance, and 401k
- Eligibility to participate in the Simon Shares program
- An exciting work environment that is fun and entrepreneurial… company lunches, team building activities, a relaxed dress code and half day Fridays
- New modern office building with gym in basement
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.