The Development Associate assists the CEO, the VP of Development, and the Project Managers to achieve approval of all entitlements and approved plans for projects. This individual must maintain high productivity levels to ensure each project is completed in a fast-paced, accurate, and organized manner. This role requires thorough and timely management of all corresponding schedules, deadlines, and plans while working in coalition with other Development Associates to meet all team goals in a timely manner.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Request, prepare, and launch proposals for ALTA Surveys, ESA Phase I, geotech and percolation reports, and other miscellaneous services needed for projects
- Submit requests and preparation of proposals for civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, and legal needs out-of-house needed for projects
- Execute and file contracts electronically with utmost accuracy to enable vendors to request payments and accurately perform services
- Continuously track payments requested by vendors to make payments within the payment terms of contracts
- Submit check requests for various needs on projects
- Ensure the Pro Forma on each assigned project is up-to-date based on all project fees, contracts, and expenses
- Create the project PDS for the lender before close of escrow with the assistance from other departments as appropriate
- Support the Director of Transactions with the collection of documents for lender needs before close of escrow
- Contact municipalities regarding submittals, fees, timing, and processes of the permitting process
- Obtain water/sewer will serve letters and cost estimates from municipalities, update the Pro Forma and inform Construction Team once completed
- Maintain electronic project files in a neat, orderly manner on a daily basis including email correspondences
- Adequately and timely manage data including Development Todos, files, schedules, Pro Formas, external contacts, site information (SIR), contracts, payment requests, and change orders
- Assemble and deliver Tenant Due Diligence packages
- Request, prepare, and launch proposals for ESA Phase II, lot split or lot consolidations, Traffic Impact Analysis, and Asbestos Containing Material Surveys as needed
- Schedule internal and external meetings to be held for projects as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
Travel Required- Minimal local travel only
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Working experience with commercial real estate preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Competitive pay (Depends on experience)
- Benefits package including PTO, sick time, 8 paid holidays per year, health insurance, a company-paid life insurance policy, short term and long term disability options, and pet insurance
- 401k match up to 5%
- Eligibility to participate in the Simon Shares employee equity program
- An exciting work environment that is fun and entrepreneurial… company lunches, team building activities, a relaxed dress code and half day Fridays
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.