The Construction Project Manager is responsible for project management of multiple projects in various locations. This individual supervises all schedules while ensuring projects are completed on time and meet budget demands.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Review plans for conformance and actively seek opportunities for value engineering
- Identify risks beforehand and resolve potential issues with architects, engineers, general contractors, and subcontractors as needed to stay on schedule and on budget
- Create and manage schedules, task generation, time estimates, milestones, and deadlines to complete projects on time
- Direct the utility design process per plan specifications
- Supervise the daily construction operations of multiple job sites to stay on schedule and on budget
- Oversee RFIs and submittals for accuracy
- Monitor, review, and approve change orders to comply with contracts
- Proactively track material orders and shipments as well as order materials when needed
- Approve payment requests for vendors
- Manage the project close out process and resolve potential warranty issues
- Complete punch lists in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for building turnovers to tenants
- Train and develop staff to establish proper processes and procedures
- Review LOIs and Work Letters with the Leasing team as needs arise
- Assist Property Management with repair proposals as needed
- Visit job sites as needed to resolve problems to meet project deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- Yes, limited responsibilities including communicating the team’s needs, providing guidance, and identifying the development needs of the Construction team.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions
- Occasionally works in construction environment conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally move about the exterior and interior of properties
Travel Required- Occasional travel within the United States
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least three years of relevant hands-on construction project management experience with the ability to read plans
- Possess thorough understanding of both permitting and inspection requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.