The Construction Associate is responsible for the timely management of all construction administrative tasks.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Collect will serve letters from utility companies
- Complete utility account applications, create billing accounts, and ensure payments are made in a timely manner
- Obtain asbestos abatement proposals and schedule work as required
- Collect bank required documents from contractors
- Create contract delta lists
- Circulate contracts and documents for approval and signature
- Communicate necessary project information to contractors and vendors
- Collect project closeout documentation, lien waivers, and warranties, uploading these as required on various tenant websites
- Electronic file management
- Submit payment requests, track invoices that need reimbursement
- Manage warranty issues on projects that have been completed
- Assist with further development of internal software program by communicating regularly with IT and external users
- Field emails, calls or general questions for the VP of Construction
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be organized and Thorough. You’ll be managing many different projects.
- Be Creative. Your ideas will directly impact our customers and team.
- Be Analytical. Selecting, tracking, and optimizing initiatives will be key to your success.
- Be Driven, Accountable, and Honest. We need to be able to depend on you.
- Be Eager to Learn. Our organization is constantly evolving and progressing.
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
- Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally move about the exterior and interior of properties
Travel Required- Minimal local travel only
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Working experience in construction, including the reading of plans, is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Competitive pay (Depends on Experience)
- Benefits package including PTO, sick time, 8 paid holidays per year, health insurance, and 401k
- Eligibility to participate in the Simon Shares program
- An exciting work environment that is fun and entrepreneurial… company lunches, team building activities, a relaxed dress code and half day Fridays
- New modern office building with gym in basement
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.