The Acquisitions and Leasing Associate is responsible for the site selection, site investigation, budgeting, site planning, leasing, and managing relationships for the company’s clients and vendors. This individual will work with tenants and brokers to execute on client requirements and manage the in-house outreach and due diligence for the company projects.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Work directly with tenants and brokers to secure new sites for ground up development and redevelopments.
- Manage the coordination of land acquisition and leasing leads.
- Negotiate and work with the company’s legal team to execute purchase agreements and leases.
- Work directly with the company’s architects and engineers for preliminary site design.
- Complete site investigation reports which include gathering info related to a project’s costs, permits, and timelines.
- Develop proforma budgets and financial models.
- Understanding of retail leasing terminology and practices.
- Create necessary tenant submittal documents for real estate committee approvals.
- Coordinate project handoff to company’s development and construction teams.
- Assist development team throughout the entitlement process as needed.
- Occasional out-of-state travel.
- Meet with property owners, brokers, and tenants to discuss potential opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Travel to properties to conduct site investigations and take site photos.
- Basic understanding of commercial real estate development and financial modeling.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory Responsibilities– None.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment.
Required Education, Experience, and Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Commercial real estate experience required.
- Arizona Real Estate License preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required.
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License.
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.