The Acquisitions and Leasing Associate is responsible for sourcing leads for the purchase of land for company build-to-suit projects. This individual will accurately research land records and contact landowners to determine whether the property is suitable for the client’s building and economic parameters. The Acquisitions and Leasing Associate also makes the initial sales pitch to determine acquisition opportunities.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Coordinate, secure, and organize land acquisition leads
- Identify parcel(s) for potential development and initiate contact with owners or brokers
- Initiate “cold call” inquiry for potential land leads
- Relay all pertinent property description information, seller demands, terms, conditions, and contact information to the Acquisitions Team
- Adequately and timely manage database containing property and owner information
- Prepare initial Letter of Intents based on seller demands, terms, and conditions
- Complete the initial components of Site Inspection Reports by investigating fees, permits, and other research that will assist the Development Team in the accurate execution of project timelines
- Travel to properties to conduct site investigations and take site photos
- Meet with property owners and brokers to discuss potential opportunities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
Travel Required- Occasional local travel only
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Commercial real estate experience required
- Arizona Real Estate License preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as calendar management and general technology is required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Competitive pay (Depends on Experience)
- Benefits package including PTO, 8 paid holidays per year, health insurance, and 401k
- An exciting work environment that is fun and entrepreneurial… company lunches, team building activities, and a casual dress code
- New modern office building with gym
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.