The Accountant is responsible for the timely preparation of various journal entries and reconciliations. This individual must possess an understanding of accounting principles and accurately maintain the general ledger for multiple companies simultaneously.
Essential Duties – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Maintain the general ledger for multiple companies daily, making journal entries when appropriate
- Perform daily bank deposits
- Ensure the accuracy of vendor W-9’s as received
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements monthly
- Assist with the reconciliation of mortgage balances
- Participate in NNN billing and reconciliation processes
- Reconcile due to/from accounts monthly
- Process monthly investor payments
- Assemble month-end and year-end financial reports
- Prepare and distribute 1099’s for all entities annually
- Support weekly check runs including urgent checks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exchange information with others accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Exceptional organization in managing time with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have a positive, can-do attitude and…
- Be First. Be Fast. Persist. Plain and simple: we’re responsive, quick to action, and we tirelessly fight through everyday challenges.
- Do More. Be More. We believe that if we’re not exceeding expectations, we’re not doing enough. On every level, we do more because that’s how we’re wired.
- Be Direct. Show Respect. We’re straight shooters when it comes to our clients and team. Honesty and respect go a long way in the world of business. And life.
- Be Flexible. Embrace Change. Every day is a new day with new challenges. We know that’s just how the world works. So, we’re always prepared to adapt in order to succeed.
- Be Inspired. Be Proud. We’re motivated to do work that inspires us. We have pride and passion in everything we do.
- Say It. Own it. Accountability is key here at SimonCRE. So, we say what we mean and do what we say.
- Dream Up. Team Up. We dream big and work together to make things happen. Around here we KNOW teamwork makes the dream work.
- Be Helpful. Build Trust. When people think of us, we want them to think of a company that is nothing but helpful.
Supervisory responsibilities- None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
Travel Required- None
Required Education, Experience, Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in commercial real estate or construction preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in commercial property management accounting preferred
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Yardi preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel required
- Experience with Mac iOS is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Competitive pay (Depends on experience)
- Benefits package including PTO, sick time, 8 paid holidays per year, health insurance, a company-paid life insurance policy, short term and long term disability options, and pet insurance
- 401k match up to 5%
- Eligibility to participate in the Simon Shares employee equity program
- An exciting work environment that is fun and entrepreneurial… company lunches, team building activities, a relaxed dress code and half day Fridays
- New modern office building with a gym in the basement
SimonCRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.